Session 6 – Questions – Ed Young – Pastor of Fellowship Church in Grapevine, TX
Great leaders always ask questions! It’s about a quest, a journey, always seeking knowledge. But so few people ever ask questions.
Ask the right people the right questions to get the right answers.
What keeps us from asking questions:
Pride – it’s all about me… The ride of pride. I’m not going to lower myself to ask that question.
Are you asking questions? There are thousands of questions in the Bible. Where are you? Who do people say I am?
Who are the right people to ask?
1) God – what about my Master? My mate? My mission? Bow your knee to Jesus. He can answer more for you than anyone. Are you doing what you are called to do?
2) Others – who is your ‘they?’ We have to have the right ‘they’ to ask?
E- encouraging – people who are around you should be happy about life
Y- yielded to God and with you
3 kinds of people:
People who are with you
People who are for you
People who will betray you
HNL – Hole nutha level – bring a hole nutha devil
You got to have the right people around you
3) Yourself – ask yourself questions. Why am I making this decision? Thinking about the past, present, and future is this the best call for me?
What are the right questions?
1) Can I get confirmation of something I think maybe I should do?
2) Is there something I can copy, then make better?
3) What do I need to cancel?
4) What do I need to create?