Our verse for the day at BAF San Marcos is Hebrews 10:25: “Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching.”
Reading it got me thinking about some stuff.
1) We don’t show up at worship just so we can have our name checked off on some roll. Its so we can be encouraged. If someone was discouraged, disconnected, or unproductive, my first question for them would be “When was the last time you worshipped at church?”
2) I know it’s elementary, but as leaders we HAVE to get number 1. If the people we lead aren’t at church, they are moving towards discouragement.
3) When people are discouraged, the health of their relationship with God is in danger, even if they don’t know it or admit it.
4) This verse says to meet together. It implies more interaction than just coming in late, leaving early, and/or never interacting with anyone. We may start there, but we need to move towards being a part of what’s going on.
5) Time is running out. The Day of God is approaching. That truth should effect everything we do… from inviting people to church to raising our kids.