Here’s what’s going on in my world today:
1) Fantasy Football Update – I lost last week! I had 128.5 points and still LOST! Lee Evans has 6 points after three weeks. He’s on the bench for sure this week. We started this league at FOSM to help people connect with each other. I tell you, it has been one of the best things we have ever tried. There are 14 teams involved. We’re spending a lot of time hanging out, talking trash, etc. Super cool.
2) Sean turned 7 this week! – Time flies, whether you are having fun or not. It seems like yesterday that we had him. Now he is seven years old. The combined years of age of my kids is 29 now. Wow! We’ve got a cool backyard camp out party planned for tonight. SPOILER WARNING – This Sunday I’m talking about using your time wisely. Man, this birthday really brings it all home.
3) Delegate, delegate, delegate
4) Romo! I told you he would have an awesome year. Let’s see if he can keep it up and take the ‘Boys to Super Bowl glory. It’s been a while. It would be nice to see it again. Great to see McNabb finally kickin some rear.
5) Sunday – I’m pumped about Sunday. Funny video intro about wasting time… Kenny Chesney song to close it out. It’s really got me thinking about how I spend my time.
3 thoughts on “Friday Mind Dump”
Hey Randy, I loved your Blog! We all get discouraged because we think we’re in charge of “something.” The Bible, however, says “all things work together for good to those who love Him and are called according to His purpose.” I believe we still think “it’s up to us.” We’re just called to do allow Him to live through us and “show up.” Like the Mom who said to her son, “Get up you’re going to be late for church,” but he just turned over and went back to sleep. Finally she said, “For goodness sake, get up and go to church — you’re the pastor!” I think we all feel like that some days, but we still have to show up and leave the rest to the “One” who can really do something!
Delegate, delegate, but don’t forget, plan, plan plan!
It looks like week six will be a preview of the Superbowl. Will both Pats and Cowboys still be undefeated? Seems like it. Of course even if they are not it will still be a great game.