This has been a really good day. Here are a few things that are on my mind, in no special order:
1) FOSM this morning was AWESOME… The music, the message, the props, communion, and just getting to see my brothers and sisters in Christ after being out for a few days… it was all really special. You rock FOSM!
2) Speaking of FOSM, I am pumped about hiring Marty Mosher as our new Home Team coordinator. Marty is a great guy that I have known and loved for many years. He was the founding pastor of Fellowship at Plum Creek. This past September 1, he resigned from that position to begin working on his new ministry of launching, growing, and multiplying small groups. God has really blessed FOSM by putting us together.
3) I had a great night tonight with my family. We played Halo 3, watched a little extreme home makeover, and played on the floor with the 2 year old and his collection of rescue rangers. I am a rich man.
4) I really like twitter, texting, facebook, and stuff like that. A lot. Spent about an hour tonight connecting with several people. Laughed a LOT.
5) Um, some people I know have some really big news. That’s ALL I can say right now.
6) We kicked off our new series this morning called “Resolution.” It’s a vision series. I feel like a kid unwrapping presents (and looking forward to more) as I share what I believe is God’s vision for FOSM. I can’t wait until next Sunday!
7) I’m competing in the “8 Week, Weighdown, Throwdown” hosted by Clayton Bell. I’m paying 20 bucks to compete to lose a little weight with a bunch of other mostly pastor types. Winner takes all baby. Two things: a. I LOVE competition. b. I love redneck pastors who think up stuff like this so other redneck pastors can make losing weight a manly thing. Thanks Clayton!
PS. I ate about a half gallon of ice cream tonight so I would be nice and fat for the first weigh-in tomorrow. Let’s keep this our little secret and never speak of it again…